- 1 lb Spinach (Palak) washed
- 2 cups Paneer or Cottage cheese cut in bite sized cubes
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Green Chili Pepper chopped
- 1 Onion medium, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic chopped ( or 2 TBSP garlic paste
- 1″ inch Ginger chopped (or 1TBSP ginger paste)
- 1 Tomato medium, chopped
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric (Haldi powder)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder (Mirchi powder)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder (Dhaniya powder)
- 1 tsp Salt adjust to taste
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds start to splutter, add ginger, garlic, green chilli and onions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and spices. Stir and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water. Add in the spinach. Cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Cool and then blend the ingredients in the pot to a creamy texture using an immersion blender.
- Add the paneer and garam masala. Let it sit for 5 minutes, so the paneer soaks in the flavours.
Serve with basmati rice or naan.